Tuesday, March 13

Spring has Sprung?!

Well folks...I know a lot of you had quite a winter season...but we all lucked out here. We did NOT have any sort of winter whatsoever! We had ONE dusting of snow that lasted all of about an hour...then the rain came and washed it all away. Sure we have had a couple of frosty mornings, but that's about it. Nothing else.

And now...I whole heartedly believe that we have entered spring. It was been blue skies and sun for the past 4 days with the forecast predicting more of the same. Trevor and I have been out every day since Saturday enjoying the sun and warmth. I am loooooooooovin' it!! Although, Trevor isn't so happy with sun in his face, but he'll get used to it - I hope!

But it leads me to think back to the movie I saw and this whole global warming thing. How can it not be true when I just experienced the LACK of an ENTIRE season. Seriously, it was like going from a really long fall to mid-spring. How can this be?

I've been following Terry around flipping off all the lights and living without them for most of the day. I have cut the heat and hand Terry a sweater when he indicates that he's chilly. I unplug every unnecessary plug that isn't being actively used and actually cut off my bruners before my cooking is done, as I know they will take a while to cool down and will continue to cook my food. I have become obsessed with recycling and go through everything that has been thrown away to make sure that it can in fact be recycled. Terry says I have become a crazy person.

Hey...if it'll help any, then I'm doing something good. Anyway.............

Things with the Garbo Gang couldn't be better. We are all happy and doing well...Trevor is crawling and experiencing everthing the house has to offer...the dogs are outside for a large portion of the day now, bathing in the sun and we are all feeling good. The sun shines and we are all the better for it.

I can't wait to see what the summer has in store for us!

No comments: