Especially when Terry called me to tell me that he was having all sorts of problems with a tooth and had to have surgery and was in pain and didn't know what to do with Trevor. (This was my first time away for more than just a couple of hours from home since Trevor was born.) I was worried. I considered canceling. But I didn't.
Laura and I made it to the city (with a delayed flight and some missing luggage) with minor siutations and got our weekend getaway underway. Dinner at an italian resto, yellow shots and didn't stop appearing...the red light district...a stolen wallet.
Yep...somewhere along the way, my wallet was stolen. On the first night there. What a total and complete bummer. Phone calls to Terry at around 4 am to cancel everything and to figure out what to do next.
Saturday was complete with returned luggage (Laura was very relieved to get her stuff) and I went to the Police station to file a report. Funny...he gave me a map of the city (so i knew what other police station to go to) and I used that map all weekend. It's was strange to use the police stations as landmarks...
Sunday was culture day with the Anne Frank house and a canal tour. We happened upon a killer mexican resto off the beaten path and there we had a delightful dinner before heading to the disco.
We had relatively decent weather...a bit overcast and a little bit chilly, but considering it was the middle of February, I think we totally lucked out. We walked the city again and again and I was getting pretty good at navigating around. It's actually a pretty small place, surprisingly. Which was nice since we hoofed it.
Monday back at the airport and back to our real lives. Terry was fine, albeit on mega amounts of antibiotics and pain killers, Trevor was great and Cheyenne was here for her carnival week vacation.
As Laura put it, "I AMsterdam"....I was happy to be home!
Sunday, February 18, 2007
No comments:
Post a Comment