Women tend to gather and socialize in groups...traditionally dressed as old witches. But this is a carnival type event and each little village hosts Altweiberfascing parties. We all went as celestial witches (actually we only wore the same kinds of hats) but people were dressed as all kinds of things. There were groups of Dorothy's, School Girls, Fairies, Nuns...anything you can think of. The men got into it too....there were some guys dressed up as Tarzans, Fussball Players, Cowboys...again...anything you can think of, there were at least one of them.
We (Laura, Claudia, Carmen and myself) had a really good time, although I think I was the one who imbibed the most...augh! (I definitely made up for being the pregnant DD at last years festivities!)
And...scarily enough, I met a women who I am fairly certain was exactly me in a different body. Both groups of friends (hers and mine) were a bit concerned we'd get into trouble hanging out together, so our respective friends were very good and separating us when we did run into each other.
Good times, good times. Thank god it's only one night a year!!!
Thursday, February 15, 2007
No comments:
Post a Comment