Thursday, October 5

Rock-tober has begun!!

It's official....Rock-tober has officially started. I celebrate not just my birth DAY but my birth MONTH, thus Rock-tober! Usually, the kick off is September 25th, my Libra-Sista's b-day, but this year I got an earlier start. September 15th was Bunny's b-day smash and so, I deemed the beginning of Rock-tober then.

MY b-day celebration started on 30 September when good friends got together with us for a lovely dinner at the local Greek restaurant. Fortunately, there were plenty of arms to carry Trevor around, as he was not content to sit in his seat...so he got lots of tours of the restaurant by pretty much everyone at the table. He's not spoiled! ha ha ha.

After dinner, Bunny and I visited a local watering hole and ended up spending quite a long time there...but it was all okay as we had a bang-up time ringing in 1 October. I was glad that Terry and I didn't have anything planned for Sunday as I knew I wasn't going to be up to par....

1 October...Bunny and I went to Taco Bell for my birthday/hangover lunch. After we did a little shopping, we headed over to Claudia's house to hang out a bit and then we headed out for a nice walk in the woods. It was such a beautiful day, I wish I hadn't been so tired!!

We got back to her place and started tasting some "neu" wine...this is a big thing around here...having some 1st pressed wine with an onion tart...it's pretty tasty, low in alcohol content and is preobably the next best thing to prunes...if you catch my drift.......

We decided to head back to my place as Claudia and Bunny agreed to babysit for us so that Terry and I could go out for a nice dinner....but when we arrived, Terry had arranged a surprise party...BBQ'ing and lots and lots of beer. More importantly, all of our good friends were there and it was great seeing them all.

The best present I got this year was from my Dad. He called me up to ask me if I wanted good news or bad news first. I'll take the bad news first, of course. "The bad news is that you aren't getting your birthday present until February." And the good news? "I'm coming out to see you!" This may not seem to be that big of a deal, unless you know my Dad. Terrified of flying, he is finally putting his apprehension aside and making it across the pond...I am totally thrilled, although I don't think I really believe it...but how fantastic!!!

So...the start of Rock-tober has been way better than I could have ever expected, especially since Trevor is around now. I wasn't sure how things would go this year...but everything is wonderful!! I have a kick-ass husband who is so good to me (he got me a gorgeous ring with 3 floating diamonds) and who surprises me constantly. I have a beautiful little boy who is in good health and has a wicked cool personality (he constantly makes me laugh). And I have good friends to celebrate and hang with....not bad for the end of my 35th year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH I have tears!! I miss you so much!!! I hope you got my happy birthday e-mail. I love ya libra sista!!

Anonymous said...

It's a great way to start another year. You do have a great husband, a great son, great friends and a great visit to look forward to from your great Dad.

Anonymous said...

what about my GREAT mom?! she's pretty fantastic as well and everyone is hoping she makes it out with dad....my mom is a celebrity in demand over here!!!!