"Hum, well, maybe if you take your walking stick* you can get your dollar off that way...it sounds like it should be fun...be sure to let me know how it goes."
Not long after that conversation, I received this email:
Hi,
I wore my Heidelberg sweatshirt and got a $1.00 off a $3.00 small plastic beer mug and then had to pay $3.00 for the beer. They had 3 kinds of beer on tap. One called octoberfest, becks and 2 others I never heard of. I had a bratwurst with sauerkraut, chicken corn soup and a large pretzel. The pretzel wasn't as good as a German one. I had a nice conversation with an older woman who is orginially from Austria. Her friend has a nice collection of beer steins on display, 4 large Villeroy & Boch steins worth $10,000. It was a small event, but a nice one.
I am SO happy that Mom is getting out there and getting her Germany fix back home...we just need to get her back to the real Germany!!!
*Germans have walking sticks here - they take them everywhere and actually use them when they go walking or on hikes. Each town has small aluminum medallions you can purchase and attach to your walking stick...a conversation piece by showing off where one has been.
Terry and I surprisingly found one at the souvenir shop at Red Rock Canyon in Las Vegas!
This is Terry's walking stick.
No comments:
Post a Comment