I had a wonderful time in Rhode Island. There is so much history there and so beautiful. The "summer cottages" (the Mansions) are awesome to see. We had a walking tour of the historical district, walked through two of the mansions, the Breakers and the Elms. There are many others that can be seen. Two movies were fillmed at Mable House, The Great Gatsby and True Lies. We also walked two miles of the Cliff Walk which is a National Historical Walking Trail along the ocean and behind the great mansions. We took a boat tour of the bay, a trolley ride around the scenic coast line and of course Barb had us everywhere in her car. We spent our last day touring Cape Cod, Massachusetts, with a stop in Hyannis Port. We saw two light houses and walked the beach at Chatham, ending the trip with a delicious lobster dinner.And I am totally jealous! These pictures Mom sent just don't do any justice (I am sure!)...She sent us a DVD of the "summer cottages" and it was truly amazing to see. Being over in Europe, you sometimes forget the history in your own backyard and the beauty it entails. These houses rival some of the most amazing castles and chateaus I have seen over here. But after seeing these photos and watching the DVD, it really makes me long for home...especially New England, my birth area...........how magnificent!!
No comments:
Post a Comment