Wednesday, January 24

Lez Zeppelin

I know, I know....I have so many OTHER updates to make, but this one absolutely takes priority.

Terry took me out tonight (with friends) to a concert....Lez Zeppelin.

Now...anyone who knows me fairly well knows that Zeppelin is one of my ALL TIME favorite groups EVER...(just ask e-love...heh heh heh) - well, this is Zep with a twist....

As they proclaim..."All Girls ~ All Zeppelin"... questionable? sure.

But - they totally kick Boo-tay unlike any other girl band I have ever experienced. Each one of those girls rival the original band members and honestly...who could have expected it? Certainly not me....being the total skeptic. Based out of NYC, they made their way to our way while on their first European tour...

The guitarist, Steph, in one word...UN-frickin'-BELIEVABLE!! If you close your eyes...it could be Page...but man...she kicks it, bow and all....

On vocals...Sarah...amazing voice and what a way to work a crowd...Plant would be impressed.

You've got Helen on drrums...man oh man does she do one hell of a job...Moby Dick was punishing!! Or at least her drums had been...every one at the concert was blown away by her drumming...powerful, loud and just like Bonzo.

Lisa, just like JPJ, filled in all the gaps and everything in-between with the greatest of ease...the bass - fluid. Mandolin - powerful. Keyboards - threatening.

Having been one out of maybe 10 women in the crowd, it was VERY cool to see these girls rock the world of all these geezers who came out to see either 1) Lezzers playing Zep or 2) Lezzers playing Zep. Everyone was crawling at their mercy when it came to the end.

Who knew...there are other girls in this world who worship Zep like I do? Christ sakes, my email address is "Zosogirl"...I'm still not worthy...

But worthy I have been for this experience tonight....they gave us some Rock and Roll, we all had a Celebration Day, they took us to Kashmir, rang out some Moby Dick and served up some Custard Pie...Ten Years Gone...but we were not Dazed & Confused.

We were awestruck...at the talent, audacity and tenacity of these four gorgeous women who have taken on THE GREATEST and MOST INFLUENTIAL rock band of all time.

Bow down and praise these women...they could change the world....

(they also reassured me that I am not the only woman who has a 15 year old boy trapped in their body...I am in good company come to find out...YEEEE~HAAAAAW!)

Check out their site: www.lezzeppelin.com and absolutely see them out if they come to your neck of the woods...they will BLOW YOU AWAY!!


Tuesday, January 23, 2007


and a good time was had by all....typically!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a freaking awesome show!! I wanna be a Lez Zeppelin "Band Aid"!!

Anonymous said...

the word to describe the drummer:

Ferocious!!