Monday, July 16

Rhineland-Pfalz Fest



What was really cool was that there was a "state" wide fest going on the weekend of my parents arrival. I think this was some anniversary of the Rhineland Pfalz area, as there were fests happening all throughout the "state." I say, "state," as I do not know a proper translation of what this is -- they don't have states like we do in America and it's not exactly a county either....it's a specific area like a state, but not really separate from other areas....or maybe it is. I can't say for sure, otherwise, I'd be lying.

Let's just say, there was a swinging fest just up the street from our house - Cheyenne was all about the bumper cars and managed to get not only myself on them, but also my mom (not too suprising - she's pretty cool) and then she somehow convinced my dad to get on them with her (very surprising and not at all the man that i expected)...

we all had a very good time over this weekend and it was the perfect introduction to Germany for Fritz. Thank you Rhineland Pfalz for the anniversary. What a great start to our visit!!

To see all of today's pics, click here

No comments: