Tuesday, July 24

Landstuhl - Burg Nanstein



On an especially cold and rainy day, I decided to take Bev & Fritz on a driving tour of the nearby villages and made some stops at local antique stores. Our tour followed the path from Bruchmuhlbach to Hauptstuhl then to Hutschenhausen and onto Landstuhl. There we stopped at the castle, Burg Nanstein and had a lovely, lovely Weilkeller Bier (I call it the Wart Hog beer as one appears on the label).

We continued on through Kindsbach, Einsiedlerhof and ended on the outskirts of Kaiserslautern. It was here the they found THE cuckoo clock to take home and other little surprises for folks back home.

In Landstuhl, there is a small fruits and veg guy - whenever I pass the store, I always think of my Uncle Freddie & Aunt Betty...as their last name is that of the store...Fockler.

Even though the weather wasn't so nice, we all managed to have a really terrific day together.


(I am searching all over the web for some historic info on this place, but it seems to escape me at the moment...I will however add any info I come across later on.)

Click here to see a few other photos.

No comments: