Wednesday, October 31

Pumpkin Carving

Well....this year, I went a little crazy with the pumpkins. At 10 cents a pound, how could I not?!

In all, I think I accumulated 22 pumpkins. I did a really nice pumpkin patch in the front of the house (need to get a daytime photo of what is left of it) and it attracted quite a lot of attention from the neighbors and folks walking from the bahnhof.

Terry made a wonderful Philadelphia Eagles carving...Cheyenne's first carving was of a ghost and the second of a scary cat...Kelley started off with the "boo" carving, quickly moved up skills levels and carved out the amazing "welcome" and ended on a very strong note with the most beautiful "sally" carving I have ever seen. Kelley really outdid herself and we were all impressed with her work.

After we came home from the trick or treating, Kelley and I decided to leave some treats at our friends homes...We left the "witch" at Carmen's house, the "smiling ghost" at Martina's and Claudia got the "halloween window".

I received a lot of comments from our German friends and neighbors. They had never seen pumpkins carved like that before, so I felt a little high and mighty with the creativity. But I didn't let anyone think I was some super artiste...I gave credit where credit was due and explained the very inexpensive, yet very cool, carving kit and patterns I had bought.

No comments: