The sun was shining, a slight breeze ... it was a perfect day. Trevor was totally chilling in his stroller and we all had a great time in the sun looking at everything.
The Gartenschau is like a botanical garden center, lots of outdoor plant exhibits, an indoor greenhouse, a science museum (although, now that I think about it, I think the science exhibit was replaced by a local artisan show...yes....it was) -- there are a couple of cafes and restaurants, 2 concert halls and an outdoor theater. Then, you cross the bridge and you are in kiddie heaven.....a skate park, soccer field, mini golf, play grounds, a small water play area and dinosaurs! Yep...DINOSAURS!!
It's a really cool place to go when you can't think of anything better to do...it's a great place to picnic and chill. Loads go there and it's all really a lot of fun.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
In one of the exhibit areas, a couple of guys got together and replicated the famous soccer stadium (Fritz Walter Stadion) here in Kaiserslautern. It was truly amazing and these photos just do NOT do it the justice it deserves....it had a working jumbo-tron, a moving bus and elevators. Every seat was filled with a "person" and they even accurately depicted the K-Town fan seating area.
I cannot even to begin imagining all the work and planning and strategy that went into this really cool achievement created all out of LEGOS!!

Sunday, April 15, 2007
Naturally, it wouldn't be an outting with me if something dramatic didn't happen. As we loaded up the car (Trevor thankfully already in his car seat) I got my hand stuck in the hydraulics of our super Euro stroller and couldn't get it out...I was screaming for Terry and I do believe I went total tunnel vision trying to stare my hand out of the contraption.
Lucky for us, a couple nearby came to assist Terry and I continued to scream, like I had never screamed before (not even during labor). I seriously thought I was going to lose parts of my fingers if not have a couple of them broken. It was horrible and I have to admit slightly terrifying. I don't think I have ever panicked like that before - definitely not when Terry was around.
So....Trevor screamed the whole way home, while I regained my composure and assessed the damage to my hand...all in all not that bad. It got iced down when I got home and I have a doctor's appt tomorrow to see if there is any residual damage. It's really feeling quite normal at the moment, so I am hoping everything is fine, but I would rather be safe than sorry with what could come down the road.
So...a little drama added to a superb day and we were all beat at the end of it. We all slept soundly and were ready to face the coming day!
No comments:
Post a Comment